Local Tastes of the City Tours is a great San Francisco attraction that also involves Food, Culture & History. I joined one of there tours when I first moved to SF and it was a great way to learn about the city and a few of the most historic neighborhoods in San Francisco, possibly California if not the U.S.. There are many tour operators in San Francisco, but finding a tour that involves walking, eating and learning is only captured by Local Tastes. Learn about food and the Italian cultures of San Francisco's North Beach, the oldest China Town in the U.S. and more. I'll writer more about Local Tastes soon, but in the mean time visit there site here. San Francisco Tours
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
If it was up to me I would always choose an outdoor activity for my birthday. We have great weather and clean air here in San Francisco so take advantage of it during your next birthday. This is a general post on any and all outdoor games as a birthday party idea in San Francisco and the Bay Area. I have and will make some individual postings on outdoor activities and games and I just want to reaffirm that you can find a lot of games to compliment a picnic or BBQ or a day at the beach. You can find lots of unique games by searching on google. Just use unique keywords like “unique outdoor games”. Get creative and find a creative outdoor game for your next birthday party in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
So from the last posting I got an IDEA. I'll do one monthly post for all the events I can find. I figure events such as music shows, or any live entertainment, festivals, etc. make good birthday party ideas. I'll try to include everything in San Francisco and as much of the Bay Area as I can manage.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS ON ANY EVENTS YOU THINK ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU. I WELCOME ALL NEW AND UNIQUE IDEAS, AND THE MORE DIVERSE THE THEME THEN MERRIER.
March 2008 Events in The San Francisco Bay Area
March 12-16 - San Francisco Flower & Garden Show @ The Cow Palace
March 13 -21 - Tiburon International Film Festival @ Various Marin County Cinemas
March 13-23 - San Francisco Asian American Film Festival @ Castro and Kabuki Theaters
March 16 - Emerald Across the Bay 12k Race @ Sausalito to Fisherman's Wharf
March 19 - Black Crows @ The Fillmore Auditorium
March 22 -30 - Jewish Music Festival @ held through out San Francisco Bay Area
March 23 - Union Street Easter Celebration @ Union Street San Francisco
March 28 -29 - Whiskeys of The World Expo @ Le Meridien San Francisco
March 29 - April 6 - NanoDays @ The Exploratorium
March 30 - Luciana Souza Composer @ The War Memorial Theater
Just a quick post, if you are celebrating a birthday this week remember that the Asian American Film Festival is happening here in San Francisco. Do a search on google search box below for their website and I'm sure you will find a movie to suite your interest. This a great way to spend some time with family and friends, something that does not require much planning, is easy, fun, unique and it can be educational. Enjoy!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Here is an idea, a really healthy one for that matter. I like the outdoors and nature so some of these blog entries might be biased toward outdoor activities in the San Francisco Bay Area, but hey, the SF Bay Area has a lot to offer in terms of the outdoors so why not explore.
Gather you friends and family, get on a bike and tour the city. This will give you a totally different view and perspective of SF. If some of the folks in your group don't have bikes, they can easily rent one. There are multiple bicycle rental shops in the City. So let me expand on this idea a bit. I'm not recommending you get a group of people together t just go out and do some cardiovascular exercise. It's a birthday party we are talking about here and it's supposed to be fun.
Plan Plan Plan
1. Plan your bicycle tour birthday party around some venues. For example get people together and bike across the Golden Gate Bridge, grab a meal in Sausalito, hop on a ferry with your bikes and come back to the city.
2. If you like food and there is a particular places you have wanted to try then pick a place for brunch, then a certain coffee shop, and then go out for an early lunch. In the mean time you get to see the city from a different view. I gaurante you will have some good laughs along the way watching your friends struggle up the hills.
3. What about a ride to the beach, through Golden Gate Park, a picnic in the park or the beach on the way in or out? Have you been to Golden Gate Park recently. It offers more than just a grassy area to lounge. There are multiple museums, buffalo, secluded ponds, birds, barbecue facilities. Did you know that Golden Gate Park is larger than New York's Central Park. When was the list time you visited the park? You know it was designed for the sole purpose of getting away within the City right? Check it out, it's a great place.
4. How about a museum tour in general? Ideas lead to ideas so if you get one from reading this blog please post your comments.
5. How about a ride along the Embarcadero waterfront, toward the Marina and Crissy Field then across the Golden Gate Bridge. There are tons of places to stop along the way. Tons.
6. I like the water a lot so a combination of the bay and a bicycle would be ideal for me. Hop on a ferry to Sausalito, or Tiburon, cruise the towns, find a nice place to hang out then ride back. If you've eaten or drank to much then just take the ferry back? You like seafood, have you ever been to Sam's in Tiburon or the host of other fantastic places adjacent to it?
I hope you will find the above San Francisco Birthday Party Ideas helpful. If so drop me a line with any and all questions or comments.
Thanks for reading and remember you can use the search box below to get more info on any of these ideas.
This is the first blog entry on San Francisco Birthday Ideas.
The goal of this blog is simple and stated in the title. In the coming weeks and months I will post new ideas as often as possible regarding birthday parties in our great City of San Francisco. I'm creating this blog because I feel there is a need for it. I've lived in San Francisco for almost 9 years and I've come to a realization that many people whether friends or family always resort to the easy otherwise overdone ideas. Some of these ideas include a restaurant or bar, or a house party. As a world renowned city San Francisco does have some great eateries and bars and I am not saying I won't be blogging about them, but SF and the Bay has much more to offer. You want to have a memorable birthday party then try something new and unique. I'm totally free to ideas as well. If you stumble upon this blog and have an idea please don't hesitate to send me a message, otherwise happy reading and I hope you find San Francisco Birthday Ideas helpful.